Thursday, June 24, 2010

Quick Update


Just wanted to take a second to share a project that will be consuming most of the next week for me here at the CMF.

500 cupcakes.

I'm not kidding.

Our first Full Orchestra show of the season (Next Thursday! Eep!) falls on (or near, I can't remember exactly) the conductor's birthday. That night, we are also celebrating his 10th year with the Festival; we had planned to purchase cupcakes to pass out to each audience member at intermission. The cost proved to be exorbitant-- mini-cupcakes are in high demand these days, it seems. We were exploring alternatives to this dilemma when I opened my big mouth-- "You know, we could probably just make them." Further research into this possibility has proved it to be the most cost-effective by far, so we're plowing ahead. And since it was my big idea...

I am now the Fearless Leader of Operation Cupcake.

Oy Vey. Currently working on logistics-- more updates to come.

3 comments:

Denise said...

I have gotten myself into similar trouble on more than one occasion when I made the mistake of opening my mouth to say something like, "You know, I could make that pretty easily. . . ." Sheesh.

Good luck! You can do it!

EWilliams said...

Success! And as if I hadn't done enough baking this week, I'm making banana bread and cobbler on my day off...

EWilliams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.